Govt does not understand the psyche of Indians: Javadekar
New Delhi: BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar on Tuesday made it clear that he doesn`t agree with the ruling Congress-led UPA Government that the age for getting into a relation should be 16, whereas the age for marriage should be 18.
Taking a dig at the ruling Government, he said the latter does not understand the psyche of Indians. Javadekar also said: "The bill presented by the Government is unrealistic. We have given them solutions, now we can just wait and see how does the Government present it."
Also reacting on the anti-rape bill, Samajwadi Party leader Ram Gopal Yadav said, "After discussion with other parties some very mischievous clauses have been dropped."
Earlier, after objections had been raised by different political parties over the lowering of the age of consent from 18 to 16 in a proposed anti-rape law, the government has agreed to raise it back to 18.
The government will now a present a new bill, which is likely to be tabled in the Lok Sabha today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price