Govt forms GoM to deal with Japanese Encephalitis
New Delhi: The Government has formed a Group
of Ministers (GoM) to deal with the danger posed by Japanese
Encephalitis and Acute Encephalitis syndrome (AES) which have
claimed over 400 child deaths in eastern Uttar Pradesh.
Apart from Union Health and Family Welfare Minister
Ghulam Nabi Azad, the GoM includes Urban Development Minister
Kamal Nath, Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment Mukul
Wasnik and Minister of Rural Development and Drinking Water
Sanitation Jairam Ramesh.
Minister of state (Independent Charge) of Women and Child
Development Krishna Tirath is the only non cabinet minister
who is the part of the GoM.
The GoM will evolve and suggest a multi-pronged strategy
to deal with Japanese Encephalitis and AES, officials said.
"The GoM would work on preventive, case management, and
rehabilitation (rehabilitation of disabled children, schools
for physically and mentally challenged ) measures for
consideration and approval of the Cabinet," the terms of
reference for the GoM state.
Azad, who had visited Gorakhpur and other areas of Eastern
Uttar Pradesh had suggested the formation of a GoM for a multi
pronged strategy to curb the onslaught of these killer
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees