Govt looking at ways to de-congest G`gaon, Ghaziabad routes
New Delhi: The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has said it is looking at various options to de-congest routes on national highways going towards Gurgaon and Ghaziabad.
"We are thinking of more ways than one to de-congest the Gurgaon and Ghaziabad routes on the national highways," Road Minister C P Joshi said.
The ministry, in a meeting this week, reviewed the various bottlenecks hampering the progress of highways in the country and may find solutions for the same soon, he said.
When asked about re-location of the present Gurgaon toll plaza, a Road Ministry official said, meanwhile, "No such decision has been taken, it is an operational project, various issues were discussed and this was one of them."
According to reports, the Ministry is considering a proposal to shift the toll plaza from its current location so as to de-congest the route towards Manesar.
The proposal to construct a 29 km elevated corridor on national highway 24 from the Delhi border to Dasna in Uttar Pardesh was also discussed in the meeting.
India has a highway network of over 71,000 km and the government plans to award 9,500 km of highway projects this fiscal.
The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) is likely to invite bids for the Eastern Peripheral Expressway (EPE) soon and it is likely to be part of the 9,500 km projects.
EPE envisages to provide signal-free connectivity between Ghaziabad and Faridabad, and Gautam Budh Nagar (Greater NOIDA) and Palwal.
A complementary Western Peripheral Expressway (WPE) also connects Kundli to Palwal via Manesar in Haryana.
The Road Ministry awarded close to 8,000 km of highway projects in 2011-12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown