Govt mulling monorail between Faridabad and Gurgaon
Faridabad: The Haryana Government is planning to introduce monorail between Faridabad and Gurgaon, which will further accelerate the pace of development in the area, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said on Sunday.
The modalities of the project would be worked out, Hooda said addressing a rally here.
On the occasion, Hooda also announced a bonanza of incentives for the people of Faridabad, which included construction of a road from Bata Chowk to B K Civil Hospital costing Rs 12 crore and rehabilitation of people living in slum areas after carrying out survey in February 2013.
In view of the problem of shortage of power supply in the state, the chief minister said soon 20 to 22 hours uninterrupted power supply would be provided to all cities and villages of Haryana.
Hooda also said that on invitation of Bhutan`s Prime Minister, he would visit the country regarding setting up of a new hydel power project there.
He said that under Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewable Mission, developmental works costing Rs 849 crore were being implemented in Faridabad.
Hooda said that efforts were being made to extend the Metro Rail line upto Ballabhgarh.
Referring to the issue of unauthorised colonies which is lying pending in the court, the chief minister said that he was well aware of the problem being faced by the people of Haryana and if necessary, a new law would be enacted on the pattern of Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH