Govt not willing to solve Bose`s death mystery: Joshi
New Delhi: BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Wednesday said the government was not willing to solve the mystery surrounding Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose`s death and there was no proof that he had died in the 1942 air crash.
"The situation in which his (Netaji) death took place is still wrapped in mysteries... I can say with complete responsibility that there is no proof that Netaji died in that plane crash. We have proof for that," Joshi said here.
He was delivering the Seventh Netaji Subhash Memorial Lecture here at FICCI on the occasion of his birth anniversary.
"People in Taipei (site of the air crash) say no such plane crash took place and no such person was admitted in their hospital and there was no such cremation. But government is repeatedly saying that these are his (Netaji`s) ashes," he said.
He also said the country has the right to know what happened to Netaji if he did not die in that plane crash.
"There is no full-proof evidence of Netaji dying in that plane crash and the question as to what happened to him after that remains there. The country has the right to know what happened to him after that. Where did he go after that and what did Government of India do to find him," Joshi said.
The lecture was organised by a society founded by veterans of Indian National Army (INA).
"No country insults its freedom fighters the way this country is doing with Netaji... They (government) are not ready to conduct any test, not ready to go ahead of Mongolia. They are not ready to correspond and get letters from Russian archaeologists," Joshi claimed.
Recalling the efforts of Netaji, he said, "He had founded the first government of undivided India in exile but the country is always shy of honouring his achievements."
Netaji allegedly died in a plane crash at Taihoku in (Taipei), Taiwan, in August 1945 while en route to Tokyo and then Soviet Union.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical