Govt opens learning resource centre for training of babus
New Delhi: A state-of-the-art Learning Resource Centre was inaugurated today by the government for training of bureaucrats to ensure citizen centric governance.
"Civil servants have to function in a complex and challenging environment today when there are increasing expectations of performance and ability to respond more efficiently and effectively to the needs of the citizens.
"Keeping this in mind it becomes imperative that all levels of civil service be trained in leadership skills to impart their duties effectively and take forward the vision of a citizen centric government," said S K Sarkar, Secretary, Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) while inaugurating the centre.
He also inaugurated a Basic Leadership Skills Module for Central Secretariat Services (CSS) Officers--which forms the backbone of government`s administration--at Institute of Secretariat Training and Management (ISTM) here.
The module was rolled out at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA), Mussoorie in 2013 in the Foundation Course of civil services officers. It is now being provided for the CSS officers with an aim to build leadership qualities among them, a press release issued by the DoPT said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you