Govt orders on nursery admission challenged
New Delhi: A civil society has moved the Delhi High Court seeking adoption of lottery system for admission to nursery classes in private unaided schools on the lines of admission procedure adopted by the Sarvodaya School run by Delhi government or Navyug Schools run by NDMC.
"It is submitted that draw of lots procedure is very scientific, non-discriminatory, transparent, just and fair and there is no legal justification for not adopting the same for the admission of fee-paying children in private unaided schools," said a petition filed by Civil Society Social Jurist.
"It is submitted that the admissions of thousands of children in K G class for last several years in more than 400 Sarvodaya schools run by Delhi government are taking place on the basis of draw of lots. Similarly, the admissions in KG class in several Navyug Schools run by NDMC are also taking place on the basis of draw of lots," the petition added.
The petition filed through advocate Ashok Aggarwal sought implementation of the lottery system in nursery admission procedure while challenging the city government`s December 15 order giving the private unaided schools a free hand for framing their admission criteria to nursery classes.
"It is submitted that Delhi government has devised a criteria for admission of fee-paying children as per the impugned order which is not only arbitrary, discriminatory, unjust and unfair but also in clear violation of the provisions of the Right to Education Act, 2009," the petition said.
In its petition, Social Jurist contended Delhi government`s December 15 order has been issued "illegally" without any force of the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown