Govt orders on nursery admission challenged
New Delhi: A civil society has moved the Delhi High Court seeking adoption of lottery system for admission to nursery classes in private unaided schools on the lines of admission procedure adopted by the Sarvodaya School run by Delhi government or Navyug Schools run by NDMC.
"It is submitted that draw of lots procedure is very scientific, non-discriminatory, transparent, just and fair and there is no legal justification for not adopting the same for the admission of fee-paying children in private unaided schools," said a petition filed by Civil Society Social Jurist.
"It is submitted that the admissions of thousands of children in K G class for last several years in more than 400 Sarvodaya schools run by Delhi government are taking place on the basis of draw of lots. Similarly, the admissions in KG class in several Navyug Schools run by NDMC are also taking place on the basis of draw of lots," the petition added.
The petition filed through advocate Ashok Aggarwal sought implementation of the lottery system in nursery admission procedure while challenging the city government`s December 15 order giving the private unaided schools a free hand for framing their admission criteria to nursery classes.
"It is submitted that Delhi government has devised a criteria for admission of fee-paying children as per the impugned order which is not only arbitrary, discriminatory, unjust and unfair but also in clear violation of the provisions of the Right to Education Act, 2009," the petition said.
In its petition, Social Jurist contended Delhi government`s December 15 order has been issued "illegally" without any force of the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'