Govt orders on nursery admission challenged
New Delhi: A civil society has moved the Delhi High Court seeking adoption of lottery system for admission to nursery classes in private unaided schools on the lines of admission procedure adopted by the Sarvodaya School run by Delhi government or Navyug Schools run by NDMC.
"It is submitted that draw of lots procedure is very scientific, non-discriminatory, transparent, just and fair and there is no legal justification for not adopting the same for the admission of fee-paying children in private unaided schools," said a petition filed by Civil Society Social Jurist.
"It is submitted that the admissions of thousands of children in K G class for last several years in more than 400 Sarvodaya schools run by Delhi government are taking place on the basis of draw of lots. Similarly, the admissions in KG class in several Navyug Schools run by NDMC are also taking place on the basis of draw of lots," the petition added.
The petition filed through advocate Ashok Aggarwal sought implementation of the lottery system in nursery admission procedure while challenging the city government`s December 15 order giving the private unaided schools a free hand for framing their admission criteria to nursery classes.
"It is submitted that Delhi government has devised a criteria for admission of fee-paying children as per the impugned order which is not only arbitrary, discriminatory, unjust and unfair but also in clear violation of the provisions of the Right to Education Act, 2009," the petition said.
In its petition, Social Jurist contended Delhi government`s December 15 order has been issued "illegally" without any force of the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!