Govt orders on nursery admission challenged
New Delhi: A civil society has moved the Delhi High Court seeking adoption of lottery system for admission to nursery classes in private unaided schools on the lines of admission procedure adopted by the Sarvodaya School run by Delhi government or Navyug Schools run by NDMC.
"It is submitted that draw of lots procedure is very scientific, non-discriminatory, transparent, just and fair and there is no legal justification for not adopting the same for the admission of fee-paying children in private unaided schools," said a petition filed by Civil Society Social Jurist.
"It is submitted that the admissions of thousands of children in K G class for last several years in more than 400 Sarvodaya schools run by Delhi government are taking place on the basis of draw of lots. Similarly, the admissions in KG class in several Navyug Schools run by NDMC are also taking place on the basis of draw of lots," the petition added.
The petition filed through advocate Ashok Aggarwal sought implementation of the lottery system in nursery admission procedure while challenging the city government`s December 15 order giving the private unaided schools a free hand for framing their admission criteria to nursery classes.
"It is submitted that Delhi government has devised a criteria for admission of fee-paying children as per the impugned order which is not only arbitrary, discriminatory, unjust and unfair but also in clear violation of the provisions of the Right to Education Act, 2009," the petition said.
In its petition, Social Jurist contended Delhi government`s December 15 order has been issued "illegally" without any force of the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says