Govt school principal`s family gets Rs 43.88 L compensation
New Delhi: The family of a government school principal, who was killed in a road accident involving a rashly driven car, have been awarded a compensation of over Rs 43 lakh by a Motor Accident Claims Tribunal (MACT) here.
The tribunal directed Bharti Axa General Insurance Company Ltd, with which the offending car was insured, to pay Rs 43,88,442 to the wife and five children of the principal, Babu Lal Meena, who was killed in an accident in September last year.
Meena`s wife Kaushalya Devi, two sons and three daughters, had approached the tribunal, seeking Rs 75 lakh compensation.
Awarding the compensation, MACT Presiding Officer Arun Bhardwaj said, "...There is nothing on record to show that the claimant had any enmity with the driver of offending vehicle so as to falsely implicate him in the case."
The accident took place in the morning of September 23 last year when Meena was going to attend a special duty in his school for conducting SSC examination. He was in his car, being driven by his son.
Meena`s son Kuldeep, who was driving the car and was an eye witness of the accident, said when they reached at a crossing in Dwarka, the offending car came at a speed and hit their car from the left side where the victim was sitting.
Due to the impact, 56-year-old Meena received serious injuries and he was taken to hospital where he succumbed to his injuries on September 30, last year.
A case of rash and negligent driving was lodged against the car`s driver and later section 304A (causing death by negligence) of the IPC was also added.
Meena`s family had said he was a principal in a Delhi government school and was earning over Rs 66,000 per month and that he was due to be promoted as district education officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves