Govt to allow sale, purchase of properties in 312 unauthorised colonies
New Delhi: Delhi government on Friday paved the way for sale and purchase of properties in 312 unauthorised colonies, which came up on private land and were regularised in September last year.
Sources said government cleared a file to allow registration of properties as well as their sale and purchase in the settlements.
Out of 895 colonies which were regularised on September 5, 312 settlements are on private land, while remaining colonies came up on government land.
The decision to allow sale and purchase will bring relief to lakhs of residents of the colonies as government had restricted sale and purchase in the settlements after issuance of provisional regularisation certificates in 2008.
Officials said the government decision is likely to trigger rise in property prices in the colonies, which are home to lakhs of people.
They said Delhi government has completed all formalities for allowing sale and purchase of properties in the settlements after getting an approval for the proposal from Lt Governor Tejendra Khanna earlier this month.
The officials said registration of properties in the unauthorised colonies that came up on private land may begin as soon as next week.
The Delhi government had issued provisional regularisation certificates to over 1,639 unauthorised colonies ahead of assembly polls in 2008.
A notification for allowing the sale and purchase in the 312 colonies was issued, the officials said.
The then Dikshit government, while distributing the certificates, had promised to regularise the colonies if Congress came to power for the third term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’