Govt to soon launch campaign for Amarnath Yatra pilgrims
New Delhi: The government will soon launch a campaign to enhance awareness among the pilgrims who intend to embark on the Amarnath Yatra this year.
Information and Broadcasting Ministry Secretary Bimal Julka on Monday held discussions regarding the implementation of such a campaign for the benefit of pilgrims for Amarnath Yatra in view of arduous nature of pilgrimage, a ministry statement said.
The meeting was convened at the request of Jammu and Kashmir Governor and Chairman of Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board N N Vohra, it said.
During the discussions, Julka said that a well-planned campaign will be launched soon by the ministry through Doordarshan and All India Radio for spreading awareness about the 2014 yatra, which is scheduled to commence on June 28 and conclude on August 10, this year.
The sustained campaign will include broadcast of public interest messages, documentary films, video spots, audio spots educating the pilgrims about the challenges and medical problems faced by them during the yatra, he said.
The content will also be designed in local languages of the states and regions from where majority of yatris arrive, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie