Govt to soon launch campaign for Amarnath Yatra pilgrims
New Delhi: The government will soon launch a campaign to enhance awareness among the pilgrims who intend to embark on the Amarnath Yatra this year.
Information and Broadcasting Ministry Secretary Bimal Julka on Monday held discussions regarding the implementation of such a campaign for the benefit of pilgrims for Amarnath Yatra in view of arduous nature of pilgrimage, a ministry statement said.
The meeting was convened at the request of Jammu and Kashmir Governor and Chairman of Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board N N Vohra, it said.
During the discussions, Julka said that a well-planned campaign will be launched soon by the ministry through Doordarshan and All India Radio for spreading awareness about the 2014 yatra, which is scheduled to commence on June 28 and conclude on August 10, this year.
The sustained campaign will include broadcast of public interest messages, documentary films, video spots, audio spots educating the pilgrims about the challenges and medical problems faced by them during the yatra, he said.
The content will also be designed in local languages of the states and regions from where majority of yatris arrive, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Deaths in Indonesia landslides, flood rise to 56 with nine still missing
- IAF to set up training base at Kodikarai
- DRDO to start Rs 100 crore research centre at Jadavpur varsity
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal all praises for Shirish Kunder's 'Kriti'!
- AAP wants Najeeb Jung arrested over murder, Delhi LG rebuts charge