Govt wants Master Plan relaxed to prevent closure of schools
New Delhi: The Delhi Government has sought relaxation of norms for land use in the Delhi Master Plan 2021 to facilitate setting up of more schools and avoid closure of educational institutions currently running in various areas.
Delhi Education Minister Kiran Walia said the Delhi Development Authority needs to relax land use norms so that more schools can be set up in the city.
Appropriate amendment was required in the Master Plan 2021 so that Government can allow existing unrecognised schools to continue functioning as per provisions of the Right To Education Act 2009.
These unrecognised schools will have to be closed down with effect from April 01, 2013 if required changes are not made, she said.
Following implementation of the RTE Act, 2009, it has become necessary to review the land use norms in respect of primary and elementary schools so that maximum numbers of school can be recognised, the minister said.
Walia said Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has already taken up the matter with Union Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath and Lt Governor Tejendra Khanna.
As per current norms, the schools need to conform to certain minimum requirement like infrastructural facilities. However considering the ground reality of Delhi it may not be possible for unrecognised schools to fulfil the land norms provided in the Master Plan 2021, she said.
Since neighbourhood schools are charging nominal fee and catering to the educational needs of thousands of children, it becomes imminent to consider an amendment in MPD 2021, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly