‘Govt "weak" in dealing with terror’
New Delhi: Family members of the victims who
died in the blast outside Delhi High Court on September 7
on Tuesday alleged the government was "weak" in dealing with
At an all-religion prayer meeting held at the site of the
bomb blast, aggrieved kins accused the government of shunning
its responsibility by only announcing compensation despite
repeated incidents of terrorist activities.
"Is it just about money? The government is putting a
price tag over our dear family members. I have lost my father
due to security lapses in the system. Will he come back with
this money?" said 19-year-old Rishabh who lost his father
Ashok Kumar Sharma in the blast.
Several other family members were also of the same view.
Sarla Jaiswal, wife of Vinod Jaiswal who died in the
blast, said mere compensations are not enough and the
government must act tough so that these incidents do not
"He was the only support to our family. Even if
government announces ten times of the compensation we have
got, he is not going to come back," said Sarla.
Raj Kumar Jain, whose father Darshan Lal Jain died in the
blast, alleged no support was given to him and his family
despite tall claims.
"I have not got a single penny. Do they want me to run
around them to get the money they have fixed as a price for my
father`s body?" said Jain.
Speaking on the occasion, Chairman of the Anti Terrorist
Front M S Bitta criticised the government for its alleged
failure in managing internal security.
"Is just a chunk of money enough for those who lost their
precious lives out of someone else`s lapses?" Bitta said and
urged the lawyers not to fight cases of insurgents involved in
Earlier, spiritual leaders from different communities
offered tributes to the blast victims. Those present on the
occasion were Dr Dominic Emmanuel of the Delhi Catholic
Archdiocese, Swami Guna Shreyananda of the Ramkrishna Mission,
Maulana Hazi Rahees Ahmed and Granthi Sardar Gurdeep Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir