Grief-stricken parents of gang-rape accused lock themselves
Aurangabad: Saryug Singh, father of Delhi gang-rape accused Akshay Thakur, has locked himself in his house along with his wife with securitymen deputed outside saying they hear frequent wails from inside since the victim`s death.
Thakur, one of the six accused, was arrested by a joint team of Delhi and Bihar police from his house in Lahankarma.
Loud cries keep coming from inside the house, Raju Kumar Paswan, who has been deputed at Thakur`s house for security since last evening fearing angry backlash over the death of the 23-year-old Delhi gangrape victim, told PTI.
"My head hangs in shame," Singh was quoted as saying by Paswan.
"If he is guilty, God will punish him," he said referring to his son Akshay
Akshay, son of a marginal farmer, studied in government school at Tandwa till matriculation before leaving for Chhattisgarh to work in some brew factory. He had landed in Delhi a year ago.
Babloo Pandey, a neighbour, said the entire village is seething with anger and remorse. Over involvement of one of the natives of the village in the barbaric incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof