Grief-stricken parents of gang-rape accused lock themselves
Aurangabad: Saryug Singh, father of Delhi gang-rape accused Akshay Thakur, has locked himself in his house along with his wife with securitymen deputed outside saying they hear frequent wails from inside since the victim`s death.
Thakur, one of the six accused, was arrested by a joint team of Delhi and Bihar police from his house in Lahankarma.
Loud cries keep coming from inside the house, Raju Kumar Paswan, who has been deputed at Thakur`s house for security since last evening fearing angry backlash over the death of the 23-year-old Delhi gangrape victim, told PTI.
"My head hangs in shame," Singh was quoted as saying by Paswan.
"If he is guilty, God will punish him," he said referring to his son Akshay
Akshay, son of a marginal farmer, studied in government school at Tandwa till matriculation before leaving for Chhattisgarh to work in some brew factory. He had landed in Delhi a year ago.
Babloo Pandey, a neighbour, said the entire village is seething with anger and remorse. Over involvement of one of the natives of the village in the barbaric incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price