Grief-stricken parents of gang-rape accused lock themselves
Aurangabad: Saryug Singh, father of Delhi gang-rape accused Akshay Thakur, has locked himself in his house along with his wife with securitymen deputed outside saying they hear frequent wails from inside since the victim`s death.
Thakur, one of the six accused, was arrested by a joint team of Delhi and Bihar police from his house in Lahankarma.
Loud cries keep coming from inside the house, Raju Kumar Paswan, who has been deputed at Thakur`s house for security since last evening fearing angry backlash over the death of the 23-year-old Delhi gangrape victim, told PTI.
"My head hangs in shame," Singh was quoted as saying by Paswan.
"If he is guilty, God will punish him," he said referring to his son Akshay
Akshay, son of a marginal farmer, studied in government school at Tandwa till matriculation before leaving for Chhattisgarh to work in some brew factory. He had landed in Delhi a year ago.
Babloo Pandey, a neighbour, said the entire village is seething with anger and remorse. Over involvement of one of the natives of the village in the barbaric incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?