Guard held for raping labourer in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: A security guard posted at a construction site here was arrested Monday for raping a woman labourer, police said.
Jitender Kumar, 31, who hails from Uttar Pradesh, sexually assaulted the 20-year-old woman early Monday, police said.
The victim, also from Uttar Pradesh, lived with her labourer husband near the construction site in sector 43, police said.
"After the medical examination, which confirmed rape, the accused was arrested. On Tuesday, he will be produced before a court," said Gaurav Phogat, station house officer of Sushant Lok police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Atmosphere of ancient Mars had high levels of oxygen: NASA
- Shiv Sena mocks Amit Shah on 'Sholay' posters, BJP warns of `fitting reply`
- Tired of an unruly mane? Watch how to keep hair your straight all day long!
- 7th Pay Commission: Five recommendations that will disappoint govt employees
- Union Cabinet reshuffle on Thursday? President’s House being readied for ceremony