Guard held for raping labourer in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: A security guard posted at a construction site here was arrested Monday for raping a woman labourer, police said.
Jitender Kumar, 31, who hails from Uttar Pradesh, sexually assaulted the 20-year-old woman early Monday, police said.
The victim, also from Uttar Pradesh, lived with her labourer husband near the construction site in sector 43, police said.
"After the medical examination, which confirmed rape, the accused was arrested. On Tuesday, he will be produced before a court," said Gaurav Phogat, station house officer of Sushant Lok police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest