Gudiya rape case: Court frames charges against accused
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A city court here on Thursday framed charges of rape and provisions of child protection act against two persons accused of raping a five-year-old girl in east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar locality where the victim and accused lived.
The girl was raped on April 15 where the victim and accused Manoj lived and she was rescued 40 hours later on April 17.
Delhi Police last month filed a charge sheet in the court against two youths for brutally raping a five-year-old girl two months ago, under stringent provisions of newly enacted law for protection of children which entails maximum punishment of life imprisonment.
The accused Manoj Shah, 22 and Pradeep Kumar, 20, who had fled after committing the crime, were arrested from Bihar.
The police said in the charge sheet that Manoj and Pradeep had intentionally kidnapped the child when she was playing outside her house and after confining her in Manoj`s rented room, they raped her.
It also said that both the accused, with the help of each other, inserted candles and an oil bottle in the private parts of the girl.
The charge sheet further said that the accused had tried to kill the girl by strangulating and slitting her throat. It said that the accused had fled the spot after leaving the child in the room thinking that she was dead.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical