Gunrunner duo held with 16 sophisticated pistols
New Delhi: Delhi Police has claimed to have busted a gang which used to supply illegal firearms in Delhi- NCR following the arrest of two alleged gunrunners who were held with 16 sophisticated semi-automatic pistols.
The arrests of Dinesh Dabur alias Habu Singh (25) and Sunil (27), who used to procure illegal arms from Balwadi of Dhar district in Madhya Pradesh, were made after police received a tip-off concerning the delivery of an illegal arms consignment. The duo are residents of Khargone in MP.
"A specific input was received yesterday about the delivery of a large consignment of illegal firearms near ISBT, Sarai Kale Khan, following which a trap was laid.
"A suspect holding a bag was spotted waiting near ISBT. The team acted swiftly and nabbed Dinesh Dabur alias Habu Singh. A thorough search led to the recovery of 10 pistols," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) Sanjeev Kumar Yadav.
From Dabur, police learnt that his associate, Sunil, was in Agra with a consignment of six pistols meant for NCR. The team rushed to Agra, where in a joint operation with New Agra police station, they apprehended Sunil. Six pistols were recovered from the accused, Yadav added.
An in-house study by Delhi Police into the growing use of sophisticated weapons over the last few years revealed that, in most of the cases, the illegal arms were manufactured in Dhar and Khargone of Madhya Pradesh or in Munger of Bihar.
Accordingly, a team of Special Cell deployed informers in and around Delhi, UP (West), Madhya Pradesh and Bihar.
During their probe, police found out about the involvement of a an MP-based illegal arms manufacturer and supplier.
Dinesh and Sunil used to supply the weapons made by the above to every part of the country. It was also found that they used to supply one such consignment every fortnight in Agra, Muzaffarnagar, Aligarh, Hathras and Delhi NCR, police said.
Sunil and Dinesh used to travel by train or bus to make their deliveries of illegal arms, Yadav said, adding that further inquiries were on in the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!