Gunrunner duo held with 16 sophisticated pistols
New Delhi: Delhi Police has claimed to have busted a gang which used to supply illegal firearms in Delhi- NCR following the arrest of two alleged gunrunners who were held with 16 sophisticated semi-automatic pistols.
The arrests of Dinesh Dabur alias Habu Singh (25) and Sunil (27), who used to procure illegal arms from Balwadi of Dhar district in Madhya Pradesh, were made after police received a tip-off concerning the delivery of an illegal arms consignment. The duo are residents of Khargone in MP.
"A specific input was received yesterday about the delivery of a large consignment of illegal firearms near ISBT, Sarai Kale Khan, following which a trap was laid.
"A suspect holding a bag was spotted waiting near ISBT. The team acted swiftly and nabbed Dinesh Dabur alias Habu Singh. A thorough search led to the recovery of 10 pistols," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) Sanjeev Kumar Yadav.
From Dabur, police learnt that his associate, Sunil, was in Agra with a consignment of six pistols meant for NCR. The team rushed to Agra, where in a joint operation with New Agra police station, they apprehended Sunil. Six pistols were recovered from the accused, Yadav added.
An in-house study by Delhi Police into the growing use of sophisticated weapons over the last few years revealed that, in most of the cases, the illegal arms were manufactured in Dhar and Khargone of Madhya Pradesh or in Munger of Bihar.
Accordingly, a team of Special Cell deployed informers in and around Delhi, UP (West), Madhya Pradesh and Bihar.
During their probe, police found out about the involvement of a an MP-based illegal arms manufacturer and supplier.
Dinesh and Sunil used to supply the weapons made by the above to every part of the country. It was also found that they used to supply one such consignment every fortnight in Agra, Muzaffarnagar, Aligarh, Hathras and Delhi NCR, police said.
Sunil and Dinesh used to travel by train or bus to make their deliveries of illegal arms, Yadav said, adding that further inquiries were on in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- British politics in turmoil as Brexit talks loom