Gunrunner duo held with 16 sophisticated pistols
New Delhi: Delhi Police has claimed to have busted a gang which used to supply illegal firearms in Delhi- NCR following the arrest of two alleged gunrunners who were held with 16 sophisticated semi-automatic pistols.
The arrests of Dinesh Dabur alias Habu Singh (25) and Sunil (27), who used to procure illegal arms from Balwadi of Dhar district in Madhya Pradesh, were made after police received a tip-off concerning the delivery of an illegal arms consignment. The duo are residents of Khargone in MP.
"A specific input was received yesterday about the delivery of a large consignment of illegal firearms near ISBT, Sarai Kale Khan, following which a trap was laid.
"A suspect holding a bag was spotted waiting near ISBT. The team acted swiftly and nabbed Dinesh Dabur alias Habu Singh. A thorough search led to the recovery of 10 pistols," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) Sanjeev Kumar Yadav.
From Dabur, police learnt that his associate, Sunil, was in Agra with a consignment of six pistols meant for NCR. The team rushed to Agra, where in a joint operation with New Agra police station, they apprehended Sunil. Six pistols were recovered from the accused, Yadav added.
An in-house study by Delhi Police into the growing use of sophisticated weapons over the last few years revealed that, in most of the cases, the illegal arms were manufactured in Dhar and Khargone of Madhya Pradesh or in Munger of Bihar.
Accordingly, a team of Special Cell deployed informers in and around Delhi, UP (West), Madhya Pradesh and Bihar.
During their probe, police found out about the involvement of a an MP-based illegal arms manufacturer and supplier.
Dinesh and Sunil used to supply the weapons made by the above to every part of the country. It was also found that they used to supply one such consignment every fortnight in Agra, Muzaffarnagar, Aligarh, Hathras and Delhi NCR, police said.
Sunil and Dinesh used to travel by train or bus to make their deliveries of illegal arms, Yadav said, adding that further inquiries were on in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future