Gurgaon boy`s death: Child rights panel wants probe
New Delhi: Following the death of a child after falling into a drain in Gurgaon, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights on Friday asked the Haryana government to share details of the probe into the incident.
"It`s simply unfortunate. The district magistrate is charged with carrying out the probe into the incident and we have asked the Haryana government to share the probe details with us," said panel member Vinod Kumar Tikoo.
"The findings should be with us within next 15 days," Tikoo said.
Days after a four-year-old girl died after falling into a deep borewell in Gurgaon, a five-year-old boy died Thursday after falling in an open drain carrying industrial waste.
The incident took place after a spell of rain.
Sumit, the son of a migrant labourer, was pulled out and rushed to a hospital. However, he could not be saved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam