Gurgaon boy`s death: Child rights panel wants probe
New Delhi: Following the death of a child after falling into a drain in Gurgaon, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights on Friday asked the Haryana government to share details of the probe into the incident.
"It`s simply unfortunate. The district magistrate is charged with carrying out the probe into the incident and we have asked the Haryana government to share the probe details with us," said panel member Vinod Kumar Tikoo.
"The findings should be with us within next 15 days," Tikoo said.
Days after a four-year-old girl died after falling into a deep borewell in Gurgaon, a five-year-old boy died Thursday after falling in an open drain carrying industrial waste.
The incident took place after a spell of rain.
Sumit, the son of a migrant labourer, was pulled out and rushed to a hospital. However, he could not be saved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday