Gurgaon boy`s death: Child rights panel wants probe
New Delhi: Following the death of a child after falling into a drain in Gurgaon, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights on Friday asked the Haryana government to share details of the probe into the incident.
"It`s simply unfortunate. The district magistrate is charged with carrying out the probe into the incident and we have asked the Haryana government to share the probe details with us," said panel member Vinod Kumar Tikoo.
"The findings should be with us within next 15 days," Tikoo said.
Days after a four-year-old girl died after falling into a deep borewell in Gurgaon, a five-year-old boy died Thursday after falling in an open drain carrying industrial waste.
The incident took place after a spell of rain.
Sumit, the son of a migrant labourer, was pulled out and rushed to a hospital. However, he could not be saved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown