Gurgaon gets a lifeline as CST-Qutub corridor opens
New Delhi: Thousands of people residing in south Delhi and Gurgaon today bid adieu to crowded buses and over-charging autorickshaws as they opted for "much comfortable" Metro ride to reach their respective destinations from the national capital.
From college students to office-goers to Non-Resident
Indians and elderly people, the news of Metro getting extended
till Gurgaon from the city`s central and northern regions was
a big relief.
And their dream of reaching home on time, that too at a
"comfortable environment", came true as a train began its
journey from Jehangirpuri in north Delhi to the satellite city
The Metro connectivity will be a boon for lakhs of people who travel to and from the national capital and Gurgaon for regular work.
And the excitement of getting a Metro was visible from
the faces of the people as they waited for the services to
begin at 3 PM. "I specially bought a Smart Card to board the first train
to travel on this newly opened corridor," Pran Nayyar, an NRI,
said on his first Metro journey.
However, the commuters had some complaints too like
non-functioning of escalators, minor technical glitches,
scanners not functioning and "ugly site" outside the Metro
Metro`s answer: "These will be rectified in some time. These glitches will be there till the system gets integrated." About the "ugly site" outside stations, DMRC chief E Sreedharan has promised that all these will be cleared before the start of the Commonwealth Games.
Commuters also wanted the frequency of the trains to be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM