Gurgaon Police shielding rape accused, alleges AAP
Gurgaon: AAP activists, led by its senior leader Yogendra Yadav, on Tuesday held a protest outside Gurgaon Police Commissioner`s office, demanding action against three senior police officers for allegedly shielding two youths accused of raping a student here.
Following the protest, Gurgaon Police Commissioner Alok Mittal directed a Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) to investigate the matter and submit a report within 24 hours.
Staging the protest, Yadav, candidate for Gurgaon parliamentary constituency for upcoming polls, alleged that the three officers had not allowed filing of an FIR for the offence of rape when the victim and her family reached a police post.
However, the Police Commissioner claimed that it could have been due to refusal of the girl and her family to her undergoing a medical test to confirm the rape charge.
Mittal claimed that the girl had also given a statement before a Judicial Magistrate stating that she was not raped.
During the protest, Yadav told media that the girl, a student of class Xth, was allegedly kidnapped and then raped by the two youths on February 25.
After the incident, the girl along with her family went to the Police Post at Pataudi Chowk to lodge the FIR for the offence of rape against the two youths, he said.
"Police Post in-charge Giri Raj wanted to lodge the FIR under rape sections but his senior Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Narender Kadyan, City SHO Satbir Singh and another female police officer Raj Bala directed him not to lodge the FIR for offence of rape," Yadav alleged.
When the incident was highlighted by media yesterday, Gurgaon police transferred Giri Raj to police line, but took no action against the three senior officers, the senior AAP leader said.
In the wake of the protest, the Police Commissioner assured the AAP activists that action would be taken after the DCP`s investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why