Gurgaon pub owner, manager get bail
Gurgaon: The owner and manager of a pub arrested for serving liquor to around 100 school students at a "sex-and-smoke" party secured bail from a court Monday, police said.
The chief judicial magistrate granted bail to owner Milap Singh, 30, and manager Anil Chahar, 32, after they furnished surety of Rs.45,000 each, police officer Hardeep Singh Hooda said.
The Buzz-inn pub at the DLF City Centre Mall on Mehrauli-Gurgaon road was raided by police Sunday after a tip that alcohol and hookahs had been provided to teenagers illegally.
Milap Singh and Chahar belong to Jhajjar district in Haryana. The school students were in the age group 14 to 18 years.
Police and excise department officials broke the "sex-and-smoke" party hosted by a student of Class 11 at a school here in Sector 15. His father, a senior government official, is posted in Gurgaon.
The host reportedly created a community page, Sex, Smoke and Rock and Roll, on Facebook and invited friends to the party. Of the more than 3,500 friends, over 100 boys and girls responded after paying Rs 600 each.
Police said the students were let off after their parents were informed.
"We have challaned the pub under the Excise Act and have sent our report... Senior officials will decide if the pub should be fined or sealed with the option of suspending or cancelling its license," said excise inspector Subhash Kaushik.
This is the second time a pub was raided for serving liquor to minors.
On Dec 25, 2010, a pub at Sahara Mall was raided when 80 students were at a similar party. The pub was sealed for a few days and the owner got away with a fine of Rs.80,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list