Gurgaon rapid metro to roll by April next year
New Delhi: Rapid Metro that would give Gurgaon an effective transport system is likely to be rolled for service in April next year and to fully equip its personnel with modern transport technology, the Delhi Metro will impart lessons to them at a training programme beginning Monday.
The special training programme for recruits of the Rapid Metrorail Gurgaon Limited will begin with a batch of 30 candidates at the Delhi Metro`s Training Institute here.
The Station Controllers or Train Operators will be given a 17-week intensive training where they will get a first-hand account of the functioning and working of the Metro system.
"The DMRC will provide them customized training catering to their special needs and special training modules have been evolved/designed to suit their requirements," DMRC spokesman Anuj Dayal said.
During the course of their training module, the candidates will be given exposure to the latest technology like the Siemens signaling system, emergency systems, Rolling Stock (RS), station operation and management, and other aspects.
They will also undergo `Simulator` training in which they will learn how to drive the trains in modes like Automatic Train Protection (ATP).
"The trainees will learn how to start the train, pick up acceleration, decelerating, braking, door opening and closing, communication within the train, handling emergency situations and passenger evacuation and Man-Machine Interaction (MMI) within the Train Operator`s Cab," he said.
The Rapid Metro consists of a 6.1 km long Metrorail system connecting Sikanderpur Metro station of Delhi Metro to Cyber city and NH-8 in Gurgaon.
This RMGL link will provide a feeder line to Delhi Metro and serve commuters travelling to Cyber city / NH-8 from Delhi or other parts of Gurgaon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi