Gurgaon rapid metro to roll by April next year
New Delhi: Rapid Metro that would give Gurgaon an effective transport system is likely to be rolled for service in April next year and to fully equip its personnel with modern transport technology, the Delhi Metro will impart lessons to them at a training programme beginning Monday.
The special training programme for recruits of the Rapid Metrorail Gurgaon Limited will begin with a batch of 30 candidates at the Delhi Metro`s Training Institute here.
The Station Controllers or Train Operators will be given a 17-week intensive training where they will get a first-hand account of the functioning and working of the Metro system.
"The DMRC will provide them customized training catering to their special needs and special training modules have been evolved/designed to suit their requirements," DMRC spokesman Anuj Dayal said.
During the course of their training module, the candidates will be given exposure to the latest technology like the Siemens signaling system, emergency systems, Rolling Stock (RS), station operation and management, and other aspects.
They will also undergo `Simulator` training in which they will learn how to drive the trains in modes like Automatic Train Protection (ATP).
"The trainees will learn how to start the train, pick up acceleration, decelerating, braking, door opening and closing, communication within the train, handling emergency situations and passenger evacuation and Man-Machine Interaction (MMI) within the Train Operator`s Cab," he said.
The Rapid Metro consists of a 6.1 km long Metrorail system connecting Sikanderpur Metro station of Delhi Metro to Cyber city and NH-8 in Gurgaon.
This RMGL link will provide a feeder line to Delhi Metro and serve commuters travelling to Cyber city / NH-8 from Delhi or other parts of Gurgaon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray