Hang juvenile accused: Delhi victim`s father, brother
Lucknow: The family of the Delhi gang-rape victim on Monday demanded death penalty for the juvenile accused in the incident and said they would challenge the "unfortunate" decision of the Juvenile Justice Board to treat him as a minor.
" Sazaa kisi sey kam nahin honaa chahiye, chahey woh juvenile hai ya kuchh bhi hai (the punishment should not be less even if he is a juvenile," the 23-year-old paramedical student`s father said.
He said the punishment should be equal for all. " Sab ko barabar. Barabar maney phansi (same punishment for all, in other words death sentence)," he said.
Meanwhile, the girl`s brother told a news agency over phone from Delhi, "The family would consult legal experts and challenge the matter in the relevant court."
"The family is not ready to accept that the sixth accused get anything less than death penalty," he said, adding the minor accused should also get the same punishment of death penalty for which the central government should make necessary changes in the law.
"How can the family accept that the main accused is let off with a mere three-year imprisonment," he asked.
On the decision of the Juvenile Board, the brother said it is based on his school documents whereas he should have been sent for medical examination.
He expressed apprehension of some kind of "fraud" in mentioning the date of birth in school documents and alleged that the minor accused was the one who had played the main role in the incident.
The Juvenile Justice Board said the sixth accused, described as the most brutal by the Delhi Police in its charge sheet, was a "minor" and this could enable him to walk free by June 04 this year when he attains the age of 18 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read