Hansraj College shut after student`s death
New Delhi: A day after a 23-year-old visually challenged student of Hansraj College in Delhi University was found hanging in his hostel room, the college administration Wednesday called a meeting of the hostel committee to look into the matter. The college was closed Wednesday.
Mukesh Kumar, a second year student of BA Hindi honours, was found hanging from a fan in his room around 7.30 pm Tuesday, police said.
"The college has been shut for the day following the death of the student. The administration will meet the college hostel committee during the day to learn more about the incident," said a college official.
The police are questioning Kumar`s classmates.
"The body has been sent for autopsy and we are awaiting the report to ascertain the time of death. Prima facie it looks to be a homicidal hanging as his hands were tied behind the body," Deputy Commissioner of Police (north) Sagarpreet Hooda told IANS.
The victim was from Agra. Police said Kumar`s family members reached the capital early Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!