Happy with BJP`s decision to nominate Harsh Vardhan: Goel
New Delhi: Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel, who had projected himself as a Chief Ministerial contender, Wednesday said he was "happy" with party`s decision to nominate Harsh Vardhan for the post and will continue to work hard to ensure BJP`s victory in the Assembly polls.
"I am happy that the Parliamentary Board has decided to project Harsh Vardhan as party`s chief ministerial candidate. I am going to work hard to ensure our victory," Goel said.
Describing himself as a "discipline soldier" of the party, the former Union Minister said the party will put up a united fight to defeat the Congress government.
"I am not disappointed at all. We all are united. I will put all my effort for our victory," he said.
Goel was present at a press conference at the BJP headquarters here when party president Rajnath Singh announced Vardhan`s candidature for the top post.
Last week, Goel had projected himself as party`s most popular face as chief ministerial candidate citing results of various opinion polls.
Goel had met BJP president Rajnath Singh and Narendra Modi on Sunday and opposed any move to make Vardhan the Chief Ministerial candidate.
The rumblings in the party following Goel`s open assertion that he was the most suitable candidate for the post had angered a number of senior Delhi leaders who had thrown their weight behind Vardhan.
Goel is not known to have a cordial relationship with Vardhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing