Hardeep killed brother Ponty Chadha: Police to court
New Delhi: Hardeep Chadha was named in a charge sheet filed by the Delhi Police for causing the death of his elder brother and liquor baron Ponty in a shootout at a farmhouse here in November last year.
The Crime Branch of Delhi Police filed the charge sheet before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Raj Kumar Tripathi and named Hardeep, who was also killed in the shoot out, as an accused in the case, saying their probe has revealed that Ponty was killed due to the shot fired at him by his brother.
"From the investigations conducted, it has emerged that Hardeep Singh Chadha caused grievous injuries to Narender Ahlawat (Ponty`s manager) and death of Gurdeep Singh alias Ponty Chadha," the police said in its charge sheet.
It said, "...Hardeep has expired due to shots fired at him by S S Namdhari (sacked Uttarakhand minorities panel chief) and Sachin Tyagi (Namdhari`s PSO)... The investigation did not reveal any other person`s involvement in causing the aforesaid injuries/death."
The police had earlier filed a charge sheet in a separate case lodged after the shoot out against Ponty, Namdhari and Tyagi and they were booked for the offences of murder and under various other provisions of IPC.
The police had also chargesheeted 19 others for offences including attempt to murder, causing grievous harm, dacoity, rioting with deadly weapons, house trespass, kidnapping and illegally confinement and destruction of evidence.
The charges of criminal conspiracy, common intention and under the Arms Act were also imposed on all the 22 accused including Ponty for trying to take over the disputed farm house from the possession of Hardeep.
Ponty and Hardeep, who had an alleged property dispute, were killed in the shootout at a Chhattarpur farmhouse on November 17, last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan