Hardeep killed brother Ponty Chadha: Police to court
New Delhi: Hardeep Chadha was named in a charge sheet filed by the Delhi Police for causing the death of his elder brother and liquor baron Ponty in a shootout at a farmhouse here in November last year.
The Crime Branch of Delhi Police filed the charge sheet before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Raj Kumar Tripathi and named Hardeep, who was also killed in the shoot out, as an accused in the case, saying their probe has revealed that Ponty was killed due to the shot fired at him by his brother.
"From the investigations conducted, it has emerged that Hardeep Singh Chadha caused grievous injuries to Narender Ahlawat (Ponty`s manager) and death of Gurdeep Singh alias Ponty Chadha," the police said in its charge sheet.
It said, "...Hardeep has expired due to shots fired at him by S S Namdhari (sacked Uttarakhand minorities panel chief) and Sachin Tyagi (Namdhari`s PSO)... The investigation did not reveal any other person`s involvement in causing the aforesaid injuries/death."
The police had earlier filed a charge sheet in a separate case lodged after the shoot out against Ponty, Namdhari and Tyagi and they were booked for the offences of murder and under various other provisions of IPC.
The police had also chargesheeted 19 others for offences including attempt to murder, causing grievous harm, dacoity, rioting with deadly weapons, house trespass, kidnapping and illegally confinement and destruction of evidence.
The charges of criminal conspiracy, common intention and under the Arms Act were also imposed on all the 22 accused including Ponty for trying to take over the disputed farm house from the possession of Hardeep.
Ponty and Hardeep, who had an alleged property dispute, were killed in the shootout at a Chhattarpur farmhouse on November 17, last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?