Harsh Vardhan appointed Delhi BJP election manifesto convener
New Delhi: Senior Delhi BJP leader Harsh Vardhan, seen as a front runner for party`s Chief Ministerial candidate, was on Wednesday appointed as convenor of BJP`s election manifesto committee for assembly polls.
Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel appointed Vardhan as head of the committee which has four other members, including former party unit president Vijender Gupta and senior leader Jagdish Mukhi.
Interestingly, senior leader V K Malhotra`s name did not figure in any of the 20 committees appointed by Goel which have been tasked with various election-related activities.
A section in the party has been pushing hard to make Vardhan BJP`s chief ministerial candidate for the assembly election slated for November.
Senior leader Nand Kishore Garg has been made convenor of the Finance Committee while former Mayor Arti Mehra has been made convenor of the committee on Social Media.
Ashish Sood has been appointed convenor of Publicity committee while Vijender Gupta will oversee functioning of the committee on Rallies and Meetings.
Delhi unit general secretary Ramesh Bidhuri has been appointed convenor of Constituency Conference Committee while media committee will be headed by councillor Satish Upadhya.
Delhi BJP is grappling with infighting and factionalism ahead of the assembly polls as a number of senior leaders have expressed unhappiness over Goel`s style of functioning.
Last month, Goel, Malhotra, Gupta and Mehra had addressed a joint press conference and said they will work together to remove the Congress government which is in power for last 15 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing