Harsh Vardhan appointed Delhi BJP election manifesto convener
New Delhi: Senior Delhi BJP leader Harsh Vardhan, seen as a front runner for party`s Chief Ministerial candidate, was on Wednesday appointed as convenor of BJP`s election manifesto committee for assembly polls.
Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel appointed Vardhan as head of the committee which has four other members, including former party unit president Vijender Gupta and senior leader Jagdish Mukhi.
Interestingly, senior leader V K Malhotra`s name did not figure in any of the 20 committees appointed by Goel which have been tasked with various election-related activities.
A section in the party has been pushing hard to make Vardhan BJP`s chief ministerial candidate for the assembly election slated for November.
Senior leader Nand Kishore Garg has been made convenor of the Finance Committee while former Mayor Arti Mehra has been made convenor of the committee on Social Media.
Ashish Sood has been appointed convenor of Publicity committee while Vijender Gupta will oversee functioning of the committee on Rallies and Meetings.
Delhi unit general secretary Ramesh Bidhuri has been appointed convenor of Constituency Conference Committee while media committee will be headed by councillor Satish Upadhya.
Delhi BJP is grappling with infighting and factionalism ahead of the assembly polls as a number of senior leaders have expressed unhappiness over Goel`s style of functioning.
Last month, Goel, Malhotra, Gupta and Mehra had addressed a joint press conference and said they will work together to remove the Congress government which is in power for last 15 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur