Harsh Vardhan expresses concern over law and order in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi BJP President Harsh Vardhan on Friday wrote to Lt Governor Najeeb Jung expressing his grave concern over deteriorating law and order situation in the city, especially in regard to rising cases of missing children.
In the letter written to the Lt Governor, Vardhan demanded appropriate action to prevent crimes like kidnapping and crime against women
Vardhan, citing data provided in a reply to a Parliament question, said the number of missing children in Delhi was 5,111 in 2011, 5,284 in 2012 and 725 in 2013.
"These are the data of the cases of missing children in which FIR has been lodged. If one includes the data of the missing children about which FIR has not been lodged then this number could be shocking. The number of missing children in the capital is 8 per cent of the national average," said Vardhan in a press statement.
BJP has been raising its voice for preventing the incidents of missing children, trafficking of women, prostitution and drug consumption complaints have been lodged with the Chief Minister and Police Commissioner in this regard many times.
"But it is regrettable that no concrete action has been taken and the numbers of incidents are increasing. It is also affecting the prestige of Delhi," Vardhan added.
The latest example is of the African women who were brought to Delhi in the name of job and were forced into prostitution.
In the year 2013, 1559 cases of rape were reported in Delhi. Here, the honour of women, housewives, children and senior citizens is not safe, said Vardhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!