Harsh Vardhan will remain CM-candidate: Congress
New Delhi: Taking a dig at BJP`s CM designate Harsh Vardhan, Congress MLA Mukesh Sharma on Wednesday claimed he will remain a chief ministerial candidate and his chances of become Leader of Opposition are also slim.
"Harsh Vardhan was a part of the same failed team of BJP and would remain CM-candidate, like Vijay Kumar Malhotra before him," Sharma, who is also the Parliamentary Secretary to the Chief Minister, said.
In fact, he added, even the chances of BJP making him the Leader of the Opposition in Delhi assembly after their "defeat" in the elections were slim.
"There is no real achievement of Harsh Vardhan from the time he was Health Minister that BJP can talk about while under Congress, Delhi had seen unprecedented development of infrastructure, be it roads, flyovers or basic water supply lines," he said while addressing a rally during the 14th phase of the Vijay-Vishwas Yatra today.
He said that for the past 15 years, Delhi has been governed in a stable manner with complete transparency under the guidance of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit in direct contrast to BJP which had forced the people of Delhi to bear the burden of as many as three chief ministers in just one five-year term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!