Harsh Vardhan will remain CM-candidate: Congress
New Delhi: Taking a dig at BJP`s CM designate Harsh Vardhan, Congress MLA Mukesh Sharma on Wednesday claimed he will remain a chief ministerial candidate and his chances of become Leader of Opposition are also slim.
"Harsh Vardhan was a part of the same failed team of BJP and would remain CM-candidate, like Vijay Kumar Malhotra before him," Sharma, who is also the Parliamentary Secretary to the Chief Minister, said.
In fact, he added, even the chances of BJP making him the Leader of the Opposition in Delhi assembly after their "defeat" in the elections were slim.
"There is no real achievement of Harsh Vardhan from the time he was Health Minister that BJP can talk about while under Congress, Delhi had seen unprecedented development of infrastructure, be it roads, flyovers or basic water supply lines," he said while addressing a rally during the 14th phase of the Vijay-Vishwas Yatra today.
He said that for the past 15 years, Delhi has been governed in a stable manner with complete transparency under the guidance of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit in direct contrast to BJP which had forced the people of Delhi to bear the burden of as many as three chief ministers in just one five-year term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed