Harsimrat Kaur Badal demands death penalty for Delhi gang-rape convicts
Mansa: SAD MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal on Wednesday demanded capital punishment for the December 16 Delhi gang-rape convicts in order to check occurrence of such heinous crimes in future.
Such exemplary punishment is imperative to make India safe for women, she told reporters on the sidelines of a function.
She said capital punishment would also create a sense of fear among anti-social elements who would never dare to commit such a crime in future.
Harsmirat Badal expressed deep concern over the slow pace of prosecution and demanded that such cases of heinous crimes should be tried at fast track courts to bring the culprits to book and provide timely justice to the victims.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference