Harsimrat Kaur Badal demands death penalty for Delhi gang-rape convicts
Mansa: SAD MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal on Wednesday demanded capital punishment for the December 16 Delhi gang-rape convicts in order to check occurrence of such heinous crimes in future.
Such exemplary punishment is imperative to make India safe for women, she told reporters on the sidelines of a function.
She said capital punishment would also create a sense of fear among anti-social elements who would never dare to commit such a crime in future.
Harsmirat Badal expressed deep concern over the slow pace of prosecution and demanded that such cases of heinous crimes should be tried at fast track courts to bring the culprits to book and provide timely justice to the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem