Haryana govt opposed to shifting Delhi-Gurgaon toll plaza
New Delhi: Even as the Centre readies to takeover the Delhi-Gurgaon toll plaza and shift it from its current location to ease congestion, Haryana government has expressed its disagreement fearing that the realty prices alongside the highway`s periphery will get impacted.
"Haryana (government) wants that the Delhi-Gurgaon toll plaza to be shifted and located outside Manesar. A lot of townships are proposed to be set between Gurgaon and Manesar and they feel the price of real estate will be adversely impacted due to likely congestion," a Road Ministry official said.
The official also said that the government is of the view that the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) should completely takeover the toll.
"We feel that this is the best solution," he said, adding thereafter NHAI will decide whether they will charge levy and how will they do it.
The decision to shift the current location of the toll plaza is significant as it will pave way for smoother flow of traffic on the highway.
NBFC major IDFC is also believed to have dropped the plan of buying 74 per cent stake in the toll plaza.
The Toll Plazas, operated by Delhi Gurgaon Super Connectivity (DGSCL) are located towards Indira Gandhi International Airport with 6 Lanes (for commuters travelling from Vasant Vihar and Dhaula Kuan and heading towards IGI Airport via Mahipalpur Flyover).
An estimated two lakh vehicles cross the plaza daily.
Meanwhile, a case is pending with the Delhi High Court over the various issues including operations of the toll plaza.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Harshvardhan Kapoor’s Bollywood debut 'Mirzya' to release on October 7!
- Indian Premier League 2016, Qualifier 2: Gujarat Lions vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — As it happened...
- The 'unpredictability' in Kalki Koechlin's film career
- Tricks to preserve wedding attire
- Amitabh Bachchan to bat for girl child rights at Modi's achievement bash