Haryana govt opposed to shifting Delhi-Gurgaon toll plaza
New Delhi: Even as the Centre readies to takeover the Delhi-Gurgaon toll plaza and shift it from its current location to ease congestion, Haryana government has expressed its disagreement fearing that the realty prices alongside the highway`s periphery will get impacted.
"Haryana (government) wants that the Delhi-Gurgaon toll plaza to be shifted and located outside Manesar. A lot of townships are proposed to be set between Gurgaon and Manesar and they feel the price of real estate will be adversely impacted due to likely congestion," a Road Ministry official said.
The official also said that the government is of the view that the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) should completely takeover the toll.
"We feel that this is the best solution," he said, adding thereafter NHAI will decide whether they will charge levy and how will they do it.
The decision to shift the current location of the toll plaza is significant as it will pave way for smoother flow of traffic on the highway.
NBFC major IDFC is also believed to have dropped the plan of buying 74 per cent stake in the toll plaza.
The Toll Plazas, operated by Delhi Gurgaon Super Connectivity (DGSCL) are located towards Indira Gandhi International Airport with 6 Lanes (for commuters travelling from Vasant Vihar and Dhaula Kuan and heading towards IGI Airport via Mahipalpur Flyover).
An estimated two lakh vehicles cross the plaza daily.
Meanwhile, a case is pending with the Delhi High Court over the various issues including operations of the toll plaza.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal