Haryana Police officer shot in Gurgaon, critical
Gurgaon: A Haryana Police officer was shot at by three unidentified assailants on the busy Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway Monday evening, said a police official. His condition is critical.
Three youths on a motorcycle fired at Narender Singh, an assistant sub-inspector, when police asked them to stop during a vehicle checking drive. The assailants fled after shooting at Singh, police said.
The attack occurred at the Signature Tower on the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway.
"The official was targeted and several rounds were fired. He received three bullets," said a senior police officer.
Singh has been admitted to Medicity Medanta Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday