Haryana SI held in Delhi for human trafficking
New Delhi: A Sub-Inspector of Haryana Police
was arrested here for allegedly being part of a human
trafficking racket, police said on Saturday.
The arrested man has been identified as Nirmal Singh, an
SI posted with Armed Police.
"Singh has been working as an agent dealing in human
trafficking in connivance with one Delhi-based agent. He used
to facilitate visa to passengers who wanted to go abroad," R A
Sanjeev, Deputy Commissioner of Police (IGI), said.
The arrest came following detention of a man named Gurlal
Singh at IGI airport when he was planning to board a flight
for Tehran with Tajikistan visa. "It was found that the
passport has been restitched and the security thread was
changed," he said.
The passenger told police that he procured it through an
agent Nirmal Singh for Rs seven lakh after which the
Sub-Inspector was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites