Haryana SI held in Delhi for human trafficking
New Delhi: A Sub-Inspector of Haryana Police
was arrested here for allegedly being part of a human
trafficking racket, police said on Saturday.
The arrested man has been identified as Nirmal Singh, an
SI posted with Armed Police.
"Singh has been working as an agent dealing in human
trafficking in connivance with one Delhi-based agent. He used
to facilitate visa to passengers who wanted to go abroad," R A
Sanjeev, Deputy Commissioner of Police (IGI), said.
The arrest came following detention of a man named Gurlal
Singh at IGI airport when he was planning to board a flight
for Tehran with Tajikistan visa. "It was found that the
passport has been restitched and the security thread was
changed," he said.
The passenger told police that he procured it through an
agent Nirmal Singh for Rs seven lakh after which the
Sub-Inspector was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test