Haryana SI held in Delhi for human trafficking
New Delhi: A Sub-Inspector of Haryana Police
was arrested here for allegedly being part of a human
trafficking racket, police said on Saturday.
The arrested man has been identified as Nirmal Singh, an
SI posted with Armed Police.
"Singh has been working as an agent dealing in human
trafficking in connivance with one Delhi-based agent. He used
to facilitate visa to passengers who wanted to go abroad," R A
Sanjeev, Deputy Commissioner of Police (IGI), said.
The arrest came following detention of a man named Gurlal
Singh at IGI airport when he was planning to board a flight
for Tehran with Tajikistan visa. "It was found that the
passport has been restitched and the security thread was
changed," he said.
The passenger told police that he procured it through an
agent Nirmal Singh for Rs seven lakh after which the
Sub-Inspector was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US