Haryana SI held in Delhi for human trafficking
New Delhi: A Sub-Inspector of Haryana Police
was arrested here for allegedly being part of a human
trafficking racket, police said on Saturday.
The arrested man has been identified as Nirmal Singh, an
SI posted with Armed Police.
"Singh has been working as an agent dealing in human
trafficking in connivance with one Delhi-based agent. He used
to facilitate visa to passengers who wanted to go abroad," R A
Sanjeev, Deputy Commissioner of Police (IGI), said.
The arrest came following detention of a man named Gurlal
Singh at IGI airport when he was planning to board a flight
for Tehran with Tajikistan visa. "It was found that the
passport has been restitched and the security thread was
changed," he said.
The passenger told police that he procured it through an
agent Nirmal Singh for Rs seven lakh after which the
Sub-Inspector was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH