Have sound evidence to come clean in latest case: Kiran Bedi
New Delhi: Already on the backfoot after
registration of a case against her, Team Anna member Kiran Bedi on Sunday said such things happen to those people who do good
things and that she has sound evidence and endurance to deal
with this FIR.
"Having been a cop I have the sound evidence and
endurance to deal with this FIR. Time will tell. Fact of life
is that things happen to those who do more. Swami Vivekananda
has said this. I am a maximalist. I do plenty. I do more good
things. I will do even more good things. Life is meant to do
more," Bedi said.
Bedi, who was recently embroiled in a controversy over
inflating her travel bills and overcharging her hosts, said
the court order or subsequent registration of case did not
take her by surprise.
"I am informed an FIR is to be registered against me. For
me now nothing is a surprise! It only strengthens my resolve
to do more," she said.
Asked whether people gherao her house or assault her in
the wake of the new developments, she said she knows how to
deal with such situations.
"I have no problem. I will deal with it. I cannot answer
hypothetical questions," she said.
Delhi Police today registered a case against Team Anna
member Kiran Bedi for allegedly misappropriating funds meant
for her NGOs following a local court order.
A case under Section 420 (cheating), 406 (criminal breach
of trust), 120 b (criminal conspiracy) of IPC has been slapped
against Bedi. The action comes a day after a local court
passed an order to this effect.
The court had ordered registration of an FIR against her
after taking note of a complaint of a Delhi-based lawyer
Devinder Singh Chauhan who alleged she "looted" various
paramilitary forces and police organisations in the name of
imparting free computer training under the banner of her NGOs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL