Hazare will unite all fighting against corruption: Bedi
New Delhi: Activist Kiran Bedi today questioned the need for the anti-corruption movement turning political and said Anna Hazare will be able to unite everyone fighting against corruption.
She said Hazare can unite all movements across the country and put pressure on political parties on the issue of corruption and bringing a strong Lokpal bill.
"What is the compulsion to float a party?" Bedi, who sided with Hazare on the issue of staying apolitical and continuing with the movement, said.
Hazare parted ways with Arvind Kejriwal-led group which was planning to form a party to fight corruption.
Bedi said she "will never go political".
Yesterday, Bedi had tweeted, "Feel Anna was being expected to support political option when he was never inclined. Was it a case of misjudgement on the part of some?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah