Hazare will unite all fighting against corruption: Bedi
New Delhi: Activist Kiran Bedi today questioned the need for the anti-corruption movement turning political and said Anna Hazare will be able to unite everyone fighting against corruption.
She said Hazare can unite all movements across the country and put pressure on political parties on the issue of corruption and bringing a strong Lokpal bill.
"What is the compulsion to float a party?" Bedi, who sided with Hazare on the issue of staying apolitical and continuing with the movement, said.
Hazare parted ways with Arvind Kejriwal-led group which was planning to form a party to fight corruption.
Bedi said she "will never go political".
Yesterday, Bedi had tweeted, "Feel Anna was being expected to support political option when he was never inclined. Was it a case of misjudgement on the part of some?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing