Hazare will unite all fighting against corruption: Bedi
New Delhi: Activist Kiran Bedi today questioned the need for the anti-corruption movement turning political and said Anna Hazare will be able to unite everyone fighting against corruption.
She said Hazare can unite all movements across the country and put pressure on political parties on the issue of corruption and bringing a strong Lokpal bill.
"What is the compulsion to float a party?" Bedi, who sided with Hazare on the issue of staying apolitical and continuing with the movement, said.
Hazare parted ways with Arvind Kejriwal-led group which was planning to form a party to fight corruption.
Bedi said she "will never go political".
Yesterday, Bedi had tweeted, "Feel Anna was being expected to support political option when he was never inclined. Was it a case of misjudgement on the part of some?"
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview