Hazare will unite all fighting against corruption: Bedi
New Delhi: Activist Kiran Bedi today questioned the need for the anti-corruption movement turning political and said Anna Hazare will be able to unite everyone fighting against corruption.
She said Hazare can unite all movements across the country and put pressure on political parties on the issue of corruption and bringing a strong Lokpal bill.
"What is the compulsion to float a party?" Bedi, who sided with Hazare on the issue of staying apolitical and continuing with the movement, said.
Hazare parted ways with Arvind Kejriwal-led group which was planning to form a party to fight corruption.
Bedi said she "will never go political".
Yesterday, Bedi had tweeted, "Feel Anna was being expected to support political option when he was never inclined. Was it a case of misjudgement on the part of some?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?