Hazare will unite all fighting against corruption: Bedi
New Delhi: Activist Kiran Bedi today questioned the need for the anti-corruption movement turning political and said Anna Hazare will be able to unite everyone fighting against corruption.
She said Hazare can unite all movements across the country and put pressure on political parties on the issue of corruption and bringing a strong Lokpal bill.
"What is the compulsion to float a party?" Bedi, who sided with Hazare on the issue of staying apolitical and continuing with the movement, said.
Hazare parted ways with Arvind Kejriwal-led group which was planning to form a party to fight corruption.
Bedi said she "will never go political".
Yesterday, Bedi had tweeted, "Feel Anna was being expected to support political option when he was never inclined. Was it a case of misjudgement on the part of some?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations