HC allows Ex-Iranian Embassy employee`s plea against MEA
New Delhi: Over a decade after a man was fired from his job, the Delhi High Court has directed the Centre to consider his plea for permission to file a case against his former employer, Iranian Embassy, for execution of a trial court order asking it to pay him nearly Rs eight lakh as dues.
The court also imposed Rs 25,000 as cost on the government and asked it to pay the amount to him within four weeks.
Allowing the plea of Syed Ashraf Hasnain Rizvi recently, Justice Valmiki J Mehta set aside the External Affairs Ministry`s (MEA) March 2012 decision rejecting his application for permission to file the civil case against the Embassy after it failed to pay him the dues.
"The appropriate authority will pass a speaking order giving reasons after hearing the petitioner and the petitioner (Rizvi) will be entitled to file written submissions which the appropriate authority will have to deal with while passing a speaking order. The decision will be now taken by the appropriate authority positively within a period of two months from today," Justice Mehta said.
"The writ petition is allowed with costs of Rs 25,000 to be paid to the petitioner within four weeks. The respondent (Centre) is now directed to ensure that the appropriate authority passes an order in terms of the legal position enunciated by the Supreme Court...," the court said.
According to Rizvi`s plea, he was working as Secretary in the Science and Education Section of the Embassy and in May 2002 his service was terminated. Being aggrieved by the Embassy`s decision, Rizvi filed a suit before a city court after obtaining the permission of the government.
In November 2004, the trial court had decided his plea and ordered the Embassy to pay him Rs 7,89,600 as dues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi