HC allows Rohit Shekhar access of ND Tiwari`s DNA test report
New Delhi: Rohit Shekhar, who is seeking to declare 88-year-old N D Tiwari as his biological father, was on Tuesday allowed by Delhi High Court to gain access to the veteran Congress leader`s DNA test report which had mentioned the youth as his son.
"This court is of the opinion that all the parties (Rohit, his mother Ujjwala Sharma and Tiwari) be given the copies of the DNA test report to enable them to examine the author of the report," Justice Manmohan said.
The court allowed the plea of Rohit as the counsel for Tiwari did not object to it on the condition that the leader be also given a copy of the report. It then asked the High Court Registry to provide them the copies.
The court, on July 27, last year, read out the findings of DNA profiling tests conducted at Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD) at Hyderabad on Tiwari, 67-year-old Ujjwala Sharma and Rohit.
The test results said Ujjwala and Tiwari were biological parents of Rohit. However, the court had then ordered that the details of the reports be kept confidential.
Now the matter has been listed for hearing on September 18 and in the meantime, a local commissioner, appointed by the court, would record evidence, including the testimony of Tiwari.
"This court be pleased to allow this application to grant access to the applicant (Rohit) to the DNA test report, already on record, to get details of the author of the DNA test so as to enable the applicant herein to summon her/him to record his/her evidence," Rohit, 33, had said in his plea.
Tiwari had given blood sample for the DNA test on May 29 in Dehradun following an apex court order in the case, after repeatedly contesting against undergoing the test.
Rohit, in 2008, had filed the suit seeking to declare Tiwari as his biological father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"