HC asks Centre, IGNOU to respond to students` plea
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has sought the Centre`s reply to the plea of private institute students that they are not being allowed to take IGNOU`s annual examination for its two-year M Sc course in Clinical Trial.
Justice GS Sistani issued notices also to the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) vice chancellor and to the managing director of Okhla-based Institute of Clinical Research India (ICRI) on the plea of the students.
"Issue notice to show cause to the respondents (Centre, IGNOU VC and the ICRI managing director) as to why the petition was not admitted," said the court, while slating the matter for hearing on September 07.
The petition had been filed by 18 students, who said they had got themselves enrolled in the two-year M Sc (Clinical Trial) course with ICRI after paying it Rs 1.25 lakh each in 2011.
The ICRI, which had claimed that it has a collaboration agreement with IGNOU for running the course, later refused to conduct the annual examination in June this year and put the carrier of students at risk, said the plea, filed by lawyer Rajendra Prasad.
"ICRI obtained the money from students assuring them that the degree will be provided by the IGNOU...," it said, adding that later, the institute said its collaboration with IGNOU has failed and an alternate arrangement would be worked out.
The students, in their petition, have sought a direction to IGNOU and ICRI to conduct the examination at the earliest as their educational career was at stake.
The lawyer, appearing for IGNOU, however, said "neither the students have been enrolled with it nor any fee has been received by it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues