HC blast: Wound intensity graver than 2005 blast
New Delhi: The intensity of injuries suffered
by victims of the Delhi High Court blast is much more than
those of the Sarojini Nagar market bombing of 2005, doctors at
the Ram Manohar Lohia hospital say.
Fifty seven of the injured in yesterday`s blast were
brought to the hospital of whom 33 are still undergoing
According to doctors, most of the victims had injuries
below the waist.
"The injured remind us of the victims of the Sarojini
Nagar market blast of 2005 who were brought here. Yesterday`s
victims have been injured more badly. Limbs of a majority of
them have been affected. We do not know how many will survive
an amputation," a senior doctor of the hospital said on Thursday
The doctor was part of the team that treated the blast
victims of 2005.
"Most of the victims are bleeding profusely. The blood
vessels have not been ruptured but have been completely or
partially destroyed. If there were cuts, we could have done
"Many of the victims of that blast were hospitalised till
2006 with us," the doctor recalled, adding the injuries
suffered by the victims in yesterday`s blasts are more grave
than those of the Sarojini Nagar blast.
The ICU meant for swine flu victims too is now filled
with patients. All the operation theatres are functioning
since last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Karisma Kapoor's estranged hubby Sanjay Kapur to marry long-time girlfriend?