HC directs Kandla Port Trust to take action in land deal issue
New Delhi: The Delhi High court Wednesday
directed Kandla Port Trust to take appropriate action against
its official who allegedly leased its land to influential
people at a throw-away price without doing proper valuation.
A division bench headed by Chief Justice A P Shah also
directed the KPT management to take back the land, the lease
of which has expired.
The court said if any one of holders are having possession
of the land despite expiry of their lease agreement then they
should be immediately removed from there.
During the proceedings, the court also slammed Central
Vigilance Commission for its slow probe in the entire matter.
"You (CVC) are not working... CVC cannot do anything. Your
report in it is worthless. You are supposed to be more
vigilant," the court said, adding they would pass an order
in it by next week.
The court also pulled up the CVC for taking eight months
to decide on the report filed by the vigilance officer of the
KPT regarding the alleged land deal.
Moreover, the court also directed CBI, which is probing
some of the land deals, to investigate independently in this
The court`s direction came over a petition filed by an
NGO, Centre for Public Interest Litigation, alleging that over
16,000 acre belonging to the port was leased by KPT officials
to some people at throw-away prices without doing proper
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof