HC notice to CBI on Balwa`s plea
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday sought the CBI`s response to plea by Swan Telecom Promoter Shahid Usman Balwa seeking quashing of charges against him in the 2G A bench of Justice M L Mehta issued notice to the CBI and sought its reply by March 13, the next date of hearing.
Balwa, out on bail now, has moved the high court for quashing of the charges framed against him by Special CBI Judge O P Saini.
"There is no circumstantial evidence of conspiracy, to be proved either directly or indirectly against the petitioner, and thus, the alleged accused could not be held responsible even for the offences of criminal conspiracy punishable under section 120 B of IPC," Balwa said in its petition.
"There is no evidence on record to prove these facts that the accused had obtained for himself or for any other person any valuable things or pecuniary advantage," it added.
The trial court had framed charges against Balwa under various provisions of the IPC, including the criminal conspiracy, cheating and forgery, besides various other offences under Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown