HC notice to CBI on Balwa`s plea
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday sought the CBI`s response to plea by Swan Telecom Promoter Shahid Usman Balwa seeking quashing of charges against him in the 2G A bench of Justice M L Mehta issued notice to the CBI and sought its reply by March 13, the next date of hearing.
Balwa, out on bail now, has moved the high court for quashing of the charges framed against him by Special CBI Judge O P Saini.
"There is no circumstantial evidence of conspiracy, to be proved either directly or indirectly against the petitioner, and thus, the alleged accused could not be held responsible even for the offences of criminal conspiracy punishable under section 120 B of IPC," Balwa said in its petition.
"There is no evidence on record to prove these facts that the accused had obtained for himself or for any other person any valuable things or pecuniary advantage," it added.
The trial court had framed charges against Balwa under various provisions of the IPC, including the criminal conspiracy, cheating and forgery, besides various other offences under Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender