HC notice to CBI on ex-NALCO chief`s bail plea
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday sought
a response from Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on the
bail plea of former National Aluminium Limited Corp (NALCO)
chairman-cum-managing director A K Srivastava arrested for
allegedly taking bribe from a private firm in return for grant
of lucrative contracts.
Justice G P Mittal issued a notice to CBI and sought its
reply by July 5 on Srivastava`s plea challenging the trial
court`s order dismissing his bail plea.
Earlier this month, the trial court had rejected
Srivastava`s bail plea while accepting CBI argument that the
probe in the case was still on to establish the role of one
Vijay Madni of Hyderabad-based Maheshwari Brothers Ltd who
allegedly paid Rs one crore to Srivastava through co-accused B
L Bajaj, who is absconding.
CBI had said Srivastava should not be granted bail as the
allegations against him are of serious nature and he has to be
confronted with Madni.
Srivastava was arrested on February 25 along with his
wife Chandani, alleged conduit B L Bajaj and his spouse Anita,
after CBI recovered about 10 kg of gold bricks and jewellery
valued at around Rs 2.13 crore as also Rs 30 lakh in cash from
The trial court had on May 18 refused bail to Bajaj while
it had granted bail to three other accused in the case,
including Bhatia group of industry official Ratan Pal Singh,
Chandani and Anita Bajaj saying they are unlikely to flee from
justice and tamper with evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi