HC orders FIR against `imposter` doctor after his wife fudges reports
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has taken a strong view of alleged fabrication of medical reports of a woman to secure bail for her jailed husband and ordered registration of an FIR against an imposter and others.
"It is a matter of great shock that for seeking interim bail on medical ground, to what extent the court process has been abused," a bench of justices Kailash Gambhir and Sunita
The court said that "immediate steps be taken by the state to register a criminal case against the accused persons for forgery, cheating and impersonation etc."
The order came after the bench perused a status report, filed by police, in response to the plea of Bijender seeking an interim bail for three months on the ground that he has to take care of his ailing wife Pinki who has developed a cyst in her right ovary.
The plea also annexed an ultrasound report issued by M/s Anand Ultrasound on November 22, last year.
However, police, in its report, said one KPS Jain, who had allegedly advised the ultrasound test on Pinki, was an imposter as his name is KPS Nain and instead of MBBS and MD
degrees, he possessed a homeopathic diploma.
Anand Swarup, a doctor who runs Anand Ultrasound, took the stand that the report is a "fake report", police said.
The police also said the ultrasound report is fake.
Pinki, however, stuck to her version that she was advised the test and had visited the clinic for this purpose.
Taking note of the opposite stands, the court ordered registration of the FIR and asked police to ensure that Nain (Jain) does not run his clinic.
"During the course of investigation, police shall also probe as to how Pinki came in possession of the report purported to have been issued by M/s. Anand Ultrasound.
"The police shall also properly probe into the role of Dr. Anand Swarup. The police shall also take adequate steps to ensure that the said imposter does not run any clinic as Dr KPS Jain under the name of Arogya Clinic or under any other name," it said.
The court asked the concerned Joint CP to "take steps to direct an immediate departmental inquiry against the delinquent police officials for their negligence and inept handling of the matter during the course of previous inquiry conducted by them".
The police have also been asked by the court to file a fresh status report on May 23 detailing the steps taken against the accused and the delinquent police officials.
The court also issued a contempt notice to Nain for posing himself as K P S Jain. The police have been asked to ensure Nain`s presence before it on May 23, the next date of
"The separate show cause notice for committing the contempt of court is also directed to be issued to Dr K P S Nain (original name) who committed a criminal contempt by not
disclosing his correct identity and maintaining his stand of being Dr K P S Jain running his clinic under the name of Arogya Clinic when he appeared before the court on 13th
March, 2014," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared