HC pulls up Delhi Police for failing to arrest man despite NBW
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court today
admonished the city police for their failure to arrest a man,
accused of inflicting grievous hurt on another man, despite a
non-bailable warrant and for being in "hand in glove" with
"It is very rare that police in pursuance of non-bailable
warrants issued by various courts, ever execute the warrants,
arrest the accused and produce him before the court. It is a
common knowledge that police officials use non-bailable
warrants issued by the courts as a blank cheque and misuse the
same," Justice V B Gupta said.
"Whenever police want to arrest any accused person then
they don`t need non-bailable warrant. They will just pick up
the accused during dead hours of night and detain him for
interrogation," the judge said while dismissing anticipatory
bail plea of one Kapil Kumar.
Kapil Kumar had allegedly caused grievous hurt to one
Prempal on October 12, 2009, and has remained elusive since
Observing that due to the inaction of the police, the
accused are having a free run while victims of crime are
always under constant fear, the court said, "The only
inference which can be drawn under these circumstances is
that the police is hand in glove with the petitioner."
Taking note of recent media reports about proclaimed
offenders roaming freely in Delhi, the court said, "It speaks
volume about the functioning of the police and shows how
inefficient and helpless are our police in apprehending the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan