HC rejects Amar`s plea on reduction of bail amount
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Friday
rejected the plea of Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh that the order
asking him to furnish a personal bond and two sureties of Rs
50 lakh each as bail condition be modified as other four
accused in the 2008 cash-for-vote scam were asked to furnish a
bond of Rs 2 lakh each only.
"I am not inclined to modify the earlier order. The
application is dismissed," Justice Suresh Kait said.
Singh, granted bail on October 24 in the case on
humanitarian grounds in view of critical health condition, was
initially asked to furnish a personal bond and two sureties of
Rs one crore each.
However, Justice Kait later halved the amount after
Singh`s lawyers said they were "too high" and it would be
difficult for the accused to arrange.
Today, the former Samajwadi Party leader again approached
the court seeking reduction of the bail amount on the ground
of parity that the other accused had furnished a personal and
one surety of Rs 2 lakh only.
Sudheendra Kulkarni, former aide of BJP stalwart LK
Advani and five others including sitting BJP MP Ashok Argal,
were granted bail by another judge of the High Court who asked
them to furnish a personal and surety bond of Rs 2 lakh each
as pre-condition for bail.
Singh has been booked under the Prevention of Corruption
Act and the IPC in the cash-for-vote case.
Besides Singh, other accused in the case are Kulkarni,
sitting lawmaker Ashok Argal, former BJP MPs Faggan Singh
Kulaste and Mahabir Singh Bhagora and Suhail Hindustani and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof