HC rejects plea on regularisation of unauthorised colonies
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Wednesday dismissed a plea for restraining the city government from taking final decision on regularising unauthorised colonies.
"We don`t want to interfere into government`s decision. No interim relief can be granted. Application dismissed," said a bench of Acting Chief Justice A K Sikri and Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw.
The plea had been made by H R Suri, an architect and town planner, through his counsel Anil Aggarwal.
In his petition, Suri had said, "This court is yet to decide his plea questioning the power of the Centre, the city government and the DDA to regularise unauthorised colonies and the city government cannot take a decision on a sub-judice matter."
The old petition had sought a direction to restrain all relevant authorities from taking any decision to regularise unauthorised colonies in the NCT of Delhi.
The new petition referred to a media report on Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s promises to regularise 917 unauthorised colonies.
"In case, the respondents succeed in their plans and designs to illegally regularise unauthorised colonies, not only this would perpetuate illegality but will also render the petition futile and will frustrate the endeavour of the petitioner," the petition said.
The city Lieutenant Governor Tejendra Khanna approved regularisation of 895 out of 917 colonies on September 3.
Following the LG`s direction, the Delhi government has asked all the three municipal corporations to take the help of professional architects to make layout plans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder