HC seeks Kanda`s response on police plea to cancel his bail
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Thursday sought response of ex-Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, accused of abetting suicide of former air hostess Geetika Sharma, on a plea by Delhi police seeking cancellation of his bail.
Justice V P Vaish issued notice to Kanda and sought his response by May 1, the next date of hearing.
Earlier, the court had also sought Kanda`s response on a plea filed by Geetika`s brother seeking cancellation of bail granted to the politician.
Additional Solicitor General Siddharth Luthra, appearing for Police, told the court that being an influential person, Kanda might try to tamper with the evidence and influence the witnesses while being out on bail.
Requesting the court to cancel the bail, the police and Geetika`s brother contended that the trial court has not taken into consideration all the aspects while granting the relief to Kanda.
Kanda was granted bail by the trial court on March 4.
The court had observed that he was in judicial custody since August 2012 while granting him bail.
The high court had earlier dropped the charge of sexual exploitation against him.
Kanda and his aide Aruna Chadha are accused of abetting suicide of the 23-year-old former air hostess who left behind a note accusing the duo of harassing her. She hanged herself in August 2012.
The duo have been charged with abetting suicide, criminal conspiracy, forgery and hacking computers and sending offensive or false messages.
Chadha was granted regular bail by the High Court on February 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!