HC seeks Kanda`s response on police plea to cancel his bail
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Thursday sought response of ex-Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, accused of abetting suicide of former air hostess Geetika Sharma, on a plea by Delhi police seeking cancellation of his bail.
Justice V P Vaish issued notice to Kanda and sought his response by May 1, the next date of hearing.
Earlier, the court had also sought Kanda`s response on a plea filed by Geetika`s brother seeking cancellation of bail granted to the politician.
Additional Solicitor General Siddharth Luthra, appearing for Police, told the court that being an influential person, Kanda might try to tamper with the evidence and influence the witnesses while being out on bail.
Requesting the court to cancel the bail, the police and Geetika`s brother contended that the trial court has not taken into consideration all the aspects while granting the relief to Kanda.
Kanda was granted bail by the trial court on March 4.
The court had observed that he was in judicial custody since August 2012 while granting him bail.
The high court had earlier dropped the charge of sexual exploitation against him.
Kanda and his aide Aruna Chadha are accused of abetting suicide of the 23-year-old former air hostess who left behind a note accusing the duo of harassing her. She hanged herself in August 2012.
The duo have been charged with abetting suicide, criminal conspiracy, forgery and hacking computers and sending offensive or false messages.
Chadha was granted regular bail by the High Court on February 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand