HC seeks pvt hospitals list, built on govt land
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Thursday
asked the Centre to furnish it a list of various private
hospitals built on land allocated by the government on highly
A bench of justices S Ravindra Bhat and GP Mittal
sought the list on a plea to launch contempt of court
proceedings against the private hospitals for defying an
earlier court order to provide free beds to poor patients and
extend them free indoor medical treatment in return for the
subsidised land allocated to them.
Seeking the list within three weeks, the bench slated
August 25 to hear the matter.
The plea to launch the contempt of court proceedings
was filed by Social Jurists, a civil society, through its
counsel Ashok Aggarwal who alleged three hospitals have failed
to comply with the high court`s March 2007 order.
The court had in its order stipulated that the
hospitals, which had got the government land at subsidised
prices, would provide free medical treatment to the poor and
reserve 10 percent beds for outdoor patients and 25 percent
for indoor patients.
In the contempt petition, Aggarwal alleged some
reputed hospitals have failed to comply with the court`s
Meanwhile, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Hospital, St Stephens
and Moolchand Hospital said the land on which they are built
were not obtained from government with the condition to
provide free medical treatment to the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill