HC seeks pvt hospitals list, built on govt land
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Thursday
asked the Centre to furnish it a list of various private
hospitals built on land allocated by the government on highly
A bench of justices S Ravindra Bhat and GP Mittal
sought the list on a plea to launch contempt of court
proceedings against the private hospitals for defying an
earlier court order to provide free beds to poor patients and
extend them free indoor medical treatment in return for the
subsidised land allocated to them.
Seeking the list within three weeks, the bench slated
August 25 to hear the matter.
The plea to launch the contempt of court proceedings
was filed by Social Jurists, a civil society, through its
counsel Ashok Aggarwal who alleged three hospitals have failed
to comply with the high court`s March 2007 order.
The court had in its order stipulated that the
hospitals, which had got the government land at subsidised
prices, would provide free medical treatment to the poor and
reserve 10 percent beds for outdoor patients and 25 percent
for indoor patients.
In the contempt petition, Aggarwal alleged some
reputed hospitals have failed to comply with the court`s
Meanwhile, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Hospital, St Stephens
and Moolchand Hospital said the land on which they are built
were not obtained from government with the condition to
provide free medical treatment to the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report