HC seeks pvt hospitals list, built on govt land
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Thursday
asked the Centre to furnish it a list of various private
hospitals built on land allocated by the government on highly
A bench of justices S Ravindra Bhat and GP Mittal
sought the list on a plea to launch contempt of court
proceedings against the private hospitals for defying an
earlier court order to provide free beds to poor patients and
extend them free indoor medical treatment in return for the
subsidised land allocated to them.
Seeking the list within three weeks, the bench slated
August 25 to hear the matter.
The plea to launch the contempt of court proceedings
was filed by Social Jurists, a civil society, through its
counsel Ashok Aggarwal who alleged three hospitals have failed
to comply with the high court`s March 2007 order.
The court had in its order stipulated that the
hospitals, which had got the government land at subsidised
prices, would provide free medical treatment to the poor and
reserve 10 percent beds for outdoor patients and 25 percent
for indoor patients.
In the contempt petition, Aggarwal alleged some
reputed hospitals have failed to comply with the court`s
Meanwhile, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Hospital, St Stephens
and Moolchand Hospital said the land on which they are built
were not obtained from government with the condition to
provide free medical treatment to the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi