HC seeks replies to teachers` plea from pvt school, Delhi govt
New Delhi: The city government has been asked by the Delhi High Court to respond to a plea seeking direction to a private school to implement the recommendations of Fifth and Sixth Pay Panels on allowances and other benefits.
Issuing notices to the Delhi government`s Director of Education and Virmani Public School, Roop Nagar, Justice Suresh Kait sought their replies by September 12 on the plea of teachers which alleged that the school has failed to pay them the allowances as per the recommendations of the two pay commissions.
In a petition, filed through counsel Ashok Aggarwal, the teachers contended that the school management has failed to implement the two pay panels` recommendations fully.
The teachers said that though their pay was re-fixed in the pay scale as recommended by the Fifth Pay Commission with effect from January 1,1996 and the Sixth Pay Commission with effect from January 1, 2006, they were not paid other allowances like house rent allowance, travelling allowance, dearness allowances, grade pay etc as due and payable to them as per the recommendations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians