HC seeks replies to teachers` plea from pvt school, Delhi govt
New Delhi: The city government has been asked by the Delhi High Court to respond to a plea seeking direction to a private school to implement the recommendations of Fifth and Sixth Pay Panels on allowances and other benefits.
Issuing notices to the Delhi government`s Director of Education and Virmani Public School, Roop Nagar, Justice Suresh Kait sought their replies by September 12 on the plea of teachers which alleged that the school has failed to pay them the allowances as per the recommendations of the two pay commissions.
In a petition, filed through counsel Ashok Aggarwal, the teachers contended that the school management has failed to implement the two pay panels` recommendations fully.
The teachers said that though their pay was re-fixed in the pay scale as recommended by the Fifth Pay Commission with effect from January 1,1996 and the Sixth Pay Commission with effect from January 1, 2006, they were not paid other allowances like house rent allowance, travelling allowance, dearness allowances, grade pay etc as due and payable to them as per the recommendations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal