HC seeks response on Aruna Chaddah`s bail plea
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Friday sought the response of city police on the bail plea of former Haryana Minister Gopal Kanda`s employee Aruna Chaddah, who was arrested for allegedly abetting suicide of air hostess Geetika Sharma.
Issuing notice to Delhi Police, Justice Pratibha Rani sought its reply by December 3.
40-year-old Chaddah moved the high court yesterday challenging the sessions court`s October 16 order denying her bail.
Chaddah, who along with Kanda is accused of abetting Geetika`s suicide, had sought bail on the ground that the police have already filed its charge sheet in the case and the probe against her is complete.
She had also sought bail, saying that she is a single parent and has a minor daughter and aged parents to look after.
23-year-old Geetika was found dead at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi on August 5. In her suicide note (written on August 4), she had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddah, a charge denied by them.
Kanda was arrested on August 18 after he had surrendered before police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder