HC stays NDMC drive against illegal constrn in Khan Market
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court today stayed
the New Delhi Municipal Council`s (NDMC) proposed drive from
tomorrow to remove illegal constructions in the national
capital`s elite shopping hub the Khan Market.
As the deadline given by NDMC ends tonight, the traders
of the area approached the High Court against the NDMC`s March
15 notice directing them to remove illegal constructions or
else face sealing in three days.
While hearing a petition filed by the Khan Market Traders
Association, Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw said "till its further
order no demolition work will be carried out by the NDMC".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand