HC stays NDMC drive against illegal constrn in Khan Market
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court today stayed
the New Delhi Municipal Council`s (NDMC) proposed drive from
tomorrow to remove illegal constructions in the national
capital`s elite shopping hub the Khan Market.
As the deadline given by NDMC ends tonight, the traders
of the area approached the High Court against the NDMC`s March
15 notice directing them to remove illegal constructions or
else face sealing in three days.
While hearing a petition filed by the Khan Market Traders
Association, Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw said "till its further
order no demolition work will be carried out by the NDMC".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living